Sunday, August 2, 2009

Out With the Old...Carpet

I said I would post more photos, some showing the results of the work from yesterday. I know you've been on the edge of your seat. The highlights of the day were that the yucky carpet was torn out and the drapes came down. Maybe it doesn't sound like we got much done, but with all the staples we had to remove from the hardwood floors, it took quite awhile. I seriously think I sprouted a new gray hair every time I wrestled out a staple. Today was mostly about cleaning. I spent about two hours cleaning the mini-blinds in the master bedroom, which was exactly as exciting as it sounds.

Today was interesting in that I got a revelatory nugget of information - the electricity in certain parts of the house no longer works. No light in the bathroom, no working outlets in the bedrooms and part of the basement, no obvious cause, and no electrician skills to fix it. Sweet.

OK, so here are some more of the photos I took on Friday after I got the keys.

Here's a shot of the hallway. You can see the master bedroom also. The glass in the light fixture is currently held together with masking tape. It's clear the fixture has had a long life, but it is showing its age and needs to walk toward the 'bright light' to that final resting place in the sky.








This is the master bedroom. Thankfully, the drapes are now gone. I'll show you all an updated photo once it's painted and the carpet comes out. At least it's not pink.






Remember the "before" shot of the living room? Well, here it is again. So far, it has gone from this:









to this (Christi's sweeping pose is super):









to this (yay)!









Maybe there's been no exciting stuff yet, but have no fear, I'm working on it! I'm hoping to get the painting started tomorrow after work. I'll be posting photos of the kitchen and basement soon.

2 comments:

Lindsay (aka Linz) August 10, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

Wow, the hardwood floors look gorgeous (from what I can see)! Are you going to leave them or put down new carpet over top? Either way you go, it will be really nice!

Melinda August 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

Thanks, Lindsay. I'm not putting new carpet down - the hardwood floors are staying on display (with the exception of a few area rugs).

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP