Saturday, September 19, 2009

Slowly But Surely

Unpacking boxes at the house has been a painfully slow process. It is frustrating in the way getting stuck on a two-lane road behind a tractor or an old lady who's driving 27 mph is frustrating. It seems like no matter how much time I spend unpacking boxes, the house is still impossibly full of them. I suspect that they are secretly reproducing while I sleep at night. What this means is that I am not yet ready to share photos with you of the current state of affairs around here. Frankly all you would see are photographs of someone else's clutter. OH THE GLORIOUS CLUTTER. So instead of interesting photos of beautifully decorated rooms, I will share these.

While the master bedroom is still in the most basic form of updatedness (i.e., no curtains, nothing hung on the walls), it does look quite different than it did when I moved in. Here are before-and-after shots of the master bedroom.

Here's the before:









And here's the after (so far).










One of the best things about having a house is the fact that I now have a nice yard for my dogs to run around in. Murphy and Oliver have been having a blast out there; they wander aimlessly, sniffing everything, and Murphy has begun to chase crickets, which is more comical than I can express with words. Here are a few random shots I got recently.

Here's a look at the back of the house from about 3/4 of the way back in the yard. And also a photo of the neighbor's yard (a fence will be going up between my house and his) and his canoe. There's a spectacular view of the canoe from the back porch.










Here are Murph and Ollie "on the hunt" and then taking a break with Christi's dog Shiloh:










And here are my handsome boys enjoying their yard (Oliver on the left, Murphy on the right)!












I'll have more progress photos as soon as I can. I hope I'll have something good to show you soon!

2 comments:

Kris September 20, 2009 at 1:58 AM  

Your dogs are adorable.

Hope the clutter clears up soon!

Lindsay (aka Linz) September 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I love how your bedroom looks so far -- it's a nice color! Can't wait to see more progress!

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP